Monday, February 7, 2011

PEAK HOUR TRAVEL

Hi everyone,One evening around 6 pm I need to travel from Anna Square to my home at chitamani in 40A bus.I was standing in the bus Depot along with 100s of commuters.All of them including me were ready to grab the seat.As soon as the bus get into the Depot everyone marched towards the bus and their where some who throw their kerchief through the window and some who able to get inside throw their kerchiefs out.After some push and pull,I able to rest my back over the pole, as the bus started my eyes started roving for possible seat-quitters.The bus was jam packed,by the time the conductor had been settled in his seat near the exit. All he could freely move was his tongue, and he kept shouting at the men and the potential fare-beaters on the foot-board. Finally my stop was next as I prepared to get down my right combed hair was made to spike and my tucked shirt was tucked out.
I was reading some blogs and hearing from people who are regular commuters about grabbing the seat.

Here are some possible ways to grab the seat:

Look out for somebody who is on to a music player or reading the newspaper. If the person unplugs his earphones or closes a book or a magazine and folds it up , then you know it’s time for him to go.

If you want the seat on the women’s side,then focus on the handbag of a seated woman.If a woman is going to get down, she will take the bag from her lap, hang it on her shoulder and keep holding the front seat bar with both hands in anticipation of her stop.Dont stare at her hand bag,you may be mistaken for pickpocket.

For students, their uniform reveals their destination. So if you see a bunch of them seated, go stand next to them and butt in as soon as they stand up

Keep you ears open when some seated traveller buys ticket. Then you know where he is getting down and how soon.

If you frequent a route,it gives you a mental edge in the race for seats.

WARNING:Too many people follow the methods will spoil the guessing-game.

HAVE A GREAT TRAVEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment